Giles Electronic Classroom (Mitchell Memorial Library) Capacity: 30
ELI and Giles are electronic classrooms that faculty, staff and students can reserve to hold lectures and class meetings. They can be booked separately, or combined into a single room for larger groups.
Assuming 2 people sharing each computer (15 computers total), maximum capacity is 30 people in each room or 60 people in combined ELI/Giles room
Equipment and Furnishings
- Board: 1-Whiteboard
- Computers: 15-PC
- Software: Microsoft Office 2019, Adobe Creative Cloud, SPSS
- Document Camera: 1-Wolfvision VZ-8 Light v3, Resolution: 1280 x 720
- DVD/Blu-Ray player: 1-DVD Player
- VCR: 1-VCR Player
- Lectern: 1-Double Bay Lectern (University Standard)
- Lectern Monitor: 1-15" LCD Display Monitor
- Microphone: 1-Lectern M
In addition to the general room policies, the following room-specific policies apply:
- No food or drink is allowed.
- For Fall and Spring semesters: No bookings by individuals or groups outside of MSU Libraries except for classroom instruction (between 8:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday). For classroom instruction requests, the rooms can only be booked 8 times or 15 hours per semester per class.
- For Maymester and Summer sessions: No non-library requests will be approved during the first week of each term. After the first week, professors or instructors may request the rooms for instructional use only, for no more than 5 times or a total of 10 hours per class. After the first week, a group or individual seeking the room for extended sessions, such as a conference or orientation, may request ELI or Giles for up to one week per session. Requests for both rooms will not be approved. If available, requests for one room may be combined with the IHL Lab if it is available.
Mitchell Memorial Library 1st Floor