Teaching with Primary Sources: Art, Architecture and Design
Materials used in the workshop will be drawn from the University Archives, Rare Books, Manuscripts, and Mississippiana Divisions of Special Collections.
During the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Explore and discuss highlights of the wide variety of historical materials in the fields of Art, Architecture and Design held by Special Collections which are available for use as part of class assignments or individual research (Lightning talks @ 3, 3:30, 4, & 4:30)
- Find out how Special Collections can support research and teaching
- Meet with Special Collections faculty to discuss ongoing or future projects
- View rarely seen treasures, such as the oldest book in the library
Both faculty and graduate students are welcome to attend!
- Tuesday, January 22, 2019
- 3:00pm - 5:00pm
- Other Location (see Event Description)
- Mitchell Memorial Library